Friday, January 4, 2008

Inferior Complex

Since a child, I was never popular
The absence of cheerful character
The absence of sweet-talking skills
In comparison, my pretty sweet sister shone brightShe was a bright and sweet looking girl
Despite her mischevious behavior
She was popular

I was not jealous of her
I knew we were different
I started to acknowledge that I was not a lovable child
More certain when my grandma shown indifferent attitude towards me

Quiet as can be, I always walk behind mama
In sought of protection, in sought of love
Only much later in my childhood that I discovered...
Grandma hated me

Hated me for depriving her of my grandpa's attention
As innoncent as a child.. I was hurt by the unintentional hatred of adult
I was hated for something I was not capable of creating

I felt hatred for the first time
No matter how obedient and well-behaved I was, I could never reach grandma's heart

A little heart I had, I was a sensitive and sensible girl
I inquisite into mama, but mama simply put off that I was overly sensitive
The sarcastic remarks grandma frequently threw on me, hurt me deeply
Nights of silent tears came, only myself knew
I wondered why I couldn't be more lovable
I wondered if I was not obedient enough
I became quieter since

No comments: