Friday, January 4, 2008

The Art of Remembering

Another teacher, a friend of long time, taught me the Art of Remembering
A friend of a long time, whom I met many years back

Was here to teach me something today
In a casual conversation, in reminiscing some good old memories of the past

He remarked of his many unsuccessful relationships
When engaged into deeper exchange of in-depth topics

A confession that he had spent all these years trying to forget me
In a state of confusion, I inquired into my personality

Had I caused so much harm then, that a person would require so much time to forget me?
My heart sank as quickly as Titanic may

What kind of hurt had I inflicted on this man, that is ruining his life?

Bucking up my courage to face my weakness and faults
I posted questions

To my amazement, I was spread with a table of compliments
I was filled with mixed feelings

Unable to hold back my desires to uncover more
I asked, why then, I am to be forgotten?

In this light conversation
We played the role of Teacher of each other

I learned that human tend to adopt the easiest way to move on
In order to move on with his lost

He believed that by forgetting me, whom he failed to 'possess'
That he believed was a regret
He was beaten down by his own pride of lost

By embracing such regret, he'd rather forget what he think is good
I ask, Why choose to forget something you think is great?
How many beautiful pictures can be painted in this short life time?
Wouldn't it be good to remember the good, and discard the bad?
Now, he has to decide what is good and what is bad

It was such coincidence that I just learned about the Art of Letting Go
So I shared my lesson learned with him

He had in turn enlightened me with affirmations of my newly learned lesson
Let go of the pride, and false beliefs
Letting go, doesn't mean forgetting
Letting go, of the right component, to enhance the holistic human mind environment

If he stops seeing me as a lost, a pain of lost
Will he be able to let go of me

Each time he thinks of me again, there is no pain, but fond memories of a great friend
The next time he speaks of me again, he is able to hold pride in such encounter of a friend

I almost regretted being good
Yet, such timely lesson of the 1st teacher, brought me to another light of wisdom
that I am able to counter this conversation better than I could

The Art of Letting Go
The Art of Remembering

I've learnt to let go too... so that I can be remembered

No comments: