Friday, January 4, 2008

The Art of Letting Go

Today my 2 teachers enriched my day with great wisdom

One teacher, I shall address him as my dearest confidante
He taught me the Art of Letting Go

When I met him, he led me to my most fearful desires
A dream I hadn't been able to summon enough courage to pursue
He showed me to great light of love
Love - My ultimate desire, yet my greatest fear

Along the journey of such pursuance
He showered me with more wisdom each passing day
Today, he taught me of letting go of physical desires
In pursuit to higher spiritual attainment

In integrating this love into my life
I gradually pick up the desires of physical possession
A most easy method to secure oneself of possessing love

Such false beliefs left me thinking
I started to doubt myself of my self-worth and self-quality
I started to question myself if I am no longer good enough
This confidante, through his silent teachings
Imparted me the wisdom of freeing up the emotional distress

To let go, in order to gain more
To let go, does not mean erasing the feelings away
In letting go, are we able to love at ease
In letting go, are we able to discard physical entanglement
In letting go, are we able to love freely
In letting go of expectations, are we able to love unconditionally
He is practicing the Art of Letting Go
To let go of me, in order to love me more adequately
In letting go of me, he frees his hands, in order to embrace more
In letting go of me, he believes it's his best way of loving me

To let go, simply three words, takes a great deal of courage to accomplish
To let go of a love, requires great deal of appreciation to understand such act

When he lets go of me, I am left with options
To think that I was no longer loved, no longer worthy of love
Or, I can adopt proactive positive directions
To think that it was never easy for him to let go of me
It may be tougher a task to let go of me, than to hold me dear

I choose to understand
Here I stand up on my feet
In the act of love
I am showing him that I understand his pain
As he tries to lessen mine, I am soothing his in this gentle way I know
Though apart, the love we share formed a cushion
To guard us from being hit on the bumpy road of letting go
Love is at its greatest, when we try to love our love to his interest
Praise love

No comments: