Friday, January 4, 2008

Make Peace with Imperfections

To be imperfect is human
Let's not just count the low volume of rejects in a production
let's also evaluate outcome against the quality of the good end products of the majority

Take me for example
I have this terrible fiery temper, that even most people can't receive it well at times
But nevertheless, I still receive love
Because I do possess the good quality in my inner self that people fell in love with
That could compensate for the some defects in my personality

Take our fingers for exampleThere are shorts and longs
Every each of them serves a purpose
In achieving one task, the thumb may not be as capable as compared to its fellow fingers
Shall we then, in doing this task, fully maximize the potential of other fingers
Let's make full use of the strength of other fingers to compensate for the thumb that falls short

We need not be perfect
Each imperfection is a mean to provide space and room for improvement
We can improve and compensate for the imperfection by other means
We need not be perfect
How boring if all of us are standard perfect?

So please, do not belittle yourself
There is no better other person than you
There is only a better you each time
Each time, you are better than your best self
yet, no one can ever replace you
Therefore, there is no other better person than yourself

As human, we learn to compensate and make up for our defects
If I am short, I dress tall
If I am fat, I dress slim
If I am ugly, I enhance my inner beauty
If I am poor, I add value to my dignity
If I am bedridden, I train my hands to move the wheelchair
If I am blind, I try to sense by my ears
We can always do better
But don't aim to be perfect
But do be hopeful that we can always improve
For there is a will, there is a way

No comments: