Friday, January 4, 2008

Hold Chance in Hands

Always 'room for improvement', just flash 'chance' card.

Whenever we give out a chance to others, we are allowing ourselves to grow. Only when I confront problems with positive attitude, I can expect better understanding to be established.

Naturally, everyone has his limits, and when chance cards are used up, that's what I call 'below the belt'. As much as I would give out chance, I choose not to be taken granted for. As how low the belt level goes, well, it subjects to individual situation.Only through feedback and effective communication, both parties get a better understanding of the grounds of each other.

When the other party refused to communicate, first look into yourself, you are probably not a 'well-valued' person worth his attention. Therefore, reflect on yourself first. Ask yourself too, if this person doesn't value you, would you want to be affected by his negative attitude? If you had done all you could, to try establish communication, but the receiving party has no such interest, the objective between you and this person differs. Probably, there's no need to flash the chance card anymore, it's time to move on.

Quoting from a teacher in my high school days: "I am here to impart and share my knowledge with you, but if you refuse to receive, you are giving up your rights to wisdom, and there's nothing I can do"

Apparently, this teacher must be at his wit's end, to give out his last chance card. His words though, had resided into my thoughts. Guess what, eventually, we dated each other. Was it the statement he made that attracted me? errrr.. guess it did triggered some admiration there, but what attracted me was his wisdom. We had been good friends even after we took off the roles of lovers, until he left for Hong Kong for work, that we lost touch. Nevertheless, he's always a valuable friend.

No comments: