Friday, January 4, 2008

Cinderella - Lainsil Version

What makes Cinderella one of the happiest woman ever exists in the fairy tales? The shoe or the Prince?

Everyone, regardless of the gender, in this universe is Cinderella. Fitting in the right glass shoes magically transforms her into a beautiful maiden who glows with charisma...

The step-sisters who tried to fit in the glass shoes, which were not meant for them, struggled to fit, however, they will never get the magical effects.

In this real world, everyone make their choices and decisions, to conclude their lives with magical moments.

Some spent their lifetimes trying to fit in to the over sized, or undersized shoes. They either developed corns overtime due to the uncomfortable tightness, or they damaged the pretty shoes due to long dragging along the unfitted shoes.

Are they wrong in the decisions? It depends on how you perceive it.

Most people tried to fit in the shoes that they purchased (for any reasons, impulsiveness, thorough thinking, immaculate calculation on the odds) and insisted their first decision was right. Even if their toes grew painful corns, they allow themselves to slump in to state of denial, as their decision MUST be right. Even if they damaged the shoes which would be otherwise better fitted on others' feet, they insisted the shoes were right for them.

Not many people has the opportunity like Cinderella, who was blessed with good Fairy God Mother, who created the chance for her to dance with her Prince Charming, thus left the shoe behind as clues to lead her to the way of ever after happiness. When chanced upon her, the fairy tale would be non-existent, should she had not chosen to grab the chance. Although gathering the items to form magical horse-rider, horses and chamber carts were through hard efforts, as she was poor, it all proved worthwhile as she had the most memorable evening...

Everyone has the right to be Cinderella though. Her wait was after all worth the while. Just when she thought her dream was only one evening, and departure was at the strike of midnight clock... Soon, she was rewarded with the right shoe which fitted her foot perfectly, and comfortably, which transformed her to the gracious maiden.
The shoe had enhanced her, as she enhanced the shoe. Just when we were happy for Cinderella, we should not neglect the shoe, should the shoe be able to speak, it would declare itself as the happiest shoe too.

Amazing? The Prince in my story is secondary? Not exactly. The Prince is the goal and objective to Cinderella, everything would be meaningless if the Prince had not been who Cinderella wanted.

We all have a choice to play the role of step-sisters, or Cinderella. Nobody's right or wrong, it's just a matter of choice.
For myself, I want to be my very own Cinderella, and want my shoe to be Cinderella as well.

To live a living fairy tale, I must meet my shoe and Cinderella. When I pick the shoe, I am playing Cinderella, vice versa, I am also the shoe being selected by my Cinderella. Only with the same mindset, Cinderella would live.

The shoe took a long time before it reached Cinderella, how many wrong feet had it fitted on before it finally met Cinderella? We can perceive this as the saying 'Life is not a bed of roses, even if it is, no one get away from being unscathed'

My choice is to fit in the right shoe, otherwise, I would rather go bare-footed. As I don't meet Fairy God Mother, no extra bonus for my efforts, however, with my mind and heart, I know my beliefs, I know my directions.

Being bare-footed is pathetic. Why do I still choose this unsheltered path? No doubt, being bare-footed, I am not in the luxury of walking the rocky earthly life-path, I may get cut by some broken glasses, rusty nails or bitten by poisonous insects. But I am giving my feet what it deserve, the experience of life, and not settling for less treatment. Wouldn't it be a burden for my poor feet if I reluctantly compromise with the wrong shoes?

The step-sisters who were overwhelmed with jealousy over Cinderella would be their own Cinderella if they were able to adopt the positive attitude. Should the sisters insisted on grabbing on the shoe which was meant for Cinderella, they probably had made a choice to murder Cinderella's fairy tale, an unhappy shoe, painful feet and a lonely Prince. It's still a choice though.

The moral of my story is.. Everyone decides own path, no definite right or wrong, it's a matter of how you want to live your life. To relate my story more relevantly, think about the people we know around us, how many play the role of step-sisters? Many? Does it explain why more people are getting dissatisfied with living on this originally beautiful world?

No comments: